After the form is submitted, a new customer account will be created in Customers of your Shopify store. The data filled on the form will also be added to customer detail.
To achieve that, all you need to do is to link all of your form elements to the customer properties.
Below are the common customer properties:
- note (learn more)
- tags (learn more)
Steps to manage
Please follow our instructions to interlink your form elements to Shopify Customer Data
- From the app admin page, click Forms > open the form you want to edit
- Click Integration icon on the left side > enable Shopify > click Configure button
- Select Shopify Account options. They are Automatically create customer, Send email invitation, Require account approval
- Tick on Accepts marketing checkbox if you want to let customer account’s status are all subscribed automatically (optional)
- Tick on Overwrite customer’s existing tags and notes checkbox [optional]
- Copy the Shopify sample properties in the list above and paste them into fields on the right side corresponding to fields of the form (on the left). For example: enter attribute first_name next to the First name field, enter email attribute for the Email field,…
- Save the form to apply the change
- Submit the form and check the result
- For Email field, “email” attribute is required to be filled in
- For other fields, you can enter the corresponding attribute
- Until this period of time, our app system only supports fundamental Data properties such as Name, email, addresses, phone,…
- With other additional data, you can add to the Tag field or Note field of Customer detail
- With the fields that you leave blank, it will not be connected with Shopify Customer Data.
If you do encounter any difficulty while proceeding these steps, don’t show any hesitation to contact us promptly via the email address email@example.com
We are always willing to help with all sincerity!
Reference: Customer · Shopify Help Center