After the form is submitted, a new customer account will be created in Customers of your Shopify store. The data filled on the form will also be added to customer detail.
To achieve that, all you need to do is to link all of your form elements to the customer properties.
Below are the common customer properties:
- note (learn more)
- tags (learn more)
Steps to manage
Please follow our instructions to interlink your form elements to Shopify Customer Data
1. Open the app > click Forms > open the form you want to edit
2. Click the Integration icon on the left side > enable Shopify
3. Select Shopify Account options. They are Automatically create customer, Send email invitation, Require account approval
4. Tick on Accepts marketing checkbox if you want to let customer account’s status are all subscribed automatically (optional) and tick on Overwrite customer’s existing tags and notes checkbox [optional]
5. Copy the Shopify sample properties in the list above and paste them into fields on the right side corresponding to fields of the form (on the left). For example: enter attribute first_name next to the First name field, enter email attribute for the Email field,…
6. Save the form to apply the change
Submit the form and check the result
- For Email field, “email” attribute is required to be filled in. For other fields, you can enter the corresponding attribute
- Our app system only supports fundamental Data properties such as Name, email, addresses, phone,… With other additional data, you can add to the Tag field or Note field of Customer detail
If you do encounter any difficulty while proceeding these steps, don’t show any hesitation to contact us promptly via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
We are always willing to help with all sincerity!
Reference: Customer · Shopify Help Center