Dunning management plays a vital role in our recurring & subscription system. This feature not only helps smoother the billing experience for your customers but also reduces subscription cancellation due to involuntary churn.
Whenever a failed recurring transaction occurs, our app will immediately send out an email to notify customers about this declined payment. You should enable this automated email notification function in the Settings > Customers notifications > Transaction failed.
Once receiving the email notifications, the customers should update their payment information and try to process the order in the next following days.
Next, we will guide you on configuring the basis of credit card retry settings.
Steps to manage
- From app admin page, click Settings
- Scroll down to the Dunning Management section
- On the Retry attempts dropdown, choose the maximum number of allowed retry attempts (8 attempts max).
- On the Day before retrying dropdown, choose the number of days between each retry. This function helps create a gap between each retry attempt, so your customers likely have time to update their billing information and reduce the risk of subscription cancellation. Please note that this doesn’t include the order date!
- On the Once the subscription reaches the maximum number of failures dropdown, choose an option to decide what happens when an order is failed: Cancel subscription/ Pause subscription.
- Click Save to finish.
If you have any questions or concerns, don’t hesitate to contact us at email@example.com. We are always willing to help with all sincerity.